Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics
|Director||Tomohiro Nishinaka (concurrent director)|
|Laboratory Chief||Kazunori Uemura
|Staff Scientist||Masashi Fukumitsu|
Takuya Nishikawa (Dept. of Research Promotion and Management)
Hidetaka Morita (Research fellow)
|Graduate Student||Shohei Yokota (Research fellow)
Hiroki Matsushita (Research fellow)
|Visiting Scientist|| Tadayoshi Miyamoto (Osaka Sangyo University)
Kazumasu Sasaki (Akita Cerebrospinal and Cardiovascular Center)
Taro Kariya (Tokyo University)
Takaaki Maruhashi (Kitasato University)
Mitsuru Iida (The cardiovascular Institute)
Takashi Unoki (Saiseikai Kumamoto Hospital)
Naoshi Hotta (Yokohama City University)
Midori Kakuuchi (Osaka University Hospital)
Sho Fukuzumi (Dolphin Animal Hospital)
|Visiting Director||Kenji Sunagawa (Circulatory System Research Foundation)|
The Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics is working to understand the circulatory mechanism and develop strategies/devices that utilize the function and intrinsic regulation of the circulatory system.
Circulation refers to the entire mechanism by which the heart, as a pump, stably delivers oxygenated blood. We are trying to understand the mechanism of the circulatory system as simply as possible through mathematical modeling and to find the optimal control method based on the model. In addition, we are conducting joint research and development with many companies for the development of medical device.
The Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics is always looking for new researchers and collaborators. If you are interested in the department of cardiovascular dynamics, don't hesitate to get in touch with Dr. Keita Saku at email@example.com.
- Kawada T, Yokoi A, Nishiura A, Kakuuchi M, Yokota S, Matsushita H, Li M, Uemura K, Saku K. Dynamic accentuated antagonism of heart rate control during different levels of vagal nerve stimulation intensity in rats. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2023, in press.
- Kawada T, Yokoi A, Nishiura A, Kakuuchi M, Li M, Uemura K, Suehara S, Sawada S, Saku K. Impact of neurally-mediated antidiuretic effect relative to pressure diuresis during acute changes in sympathetic nerve activity, American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2023. 324(1): R82-R89.
- Unoki T, Saku K, Kametani M, Konami Y, Taguchi E, Sawamura T, Nakao K, Sakamoto T. Impella Motor Current Amplitude Reflects the Degree of Left Ventricular Unloading under ECPELLA Support A Case Report. International Heart Journal, 2022. 63: 1187-1193.
- Pulm Circ, 2022. 12(4): e12154. Yoshida K, Saku K, Jan Bogaard H, Abe K, Sunagawa K, Tsutsui H. Vagal nerve stimulation preserves right ventricular function in a rat model of right ventricular pressure overload.
- Uemura K , Nishikawa T, Hasebe N, Yokota S, Kakuuchi M, Saku K, Kawada T, Morodome S, Furukoshi M, Sugimachi M. A novel triple-bladder cuff method for blood pressure estimation based on pulse wave dynamics in brachial artery: theoretical and experimental analyses. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, 2022.
- Ando M, Watanabe N, Saku K, Morishima I. Acute phase administration of Ivabradine supported by intra-aortic balloon pump induces myocardial recovery without significant haemodynamic worsening in a patient with acute fulminant myocarditis: a case report. European Heart Journal Case Reports, 2022.
- Kawada T, Miyamoto T, Mukkamala R, Saku K. Linear and nonlinear identification of the carotid sinus baroreflex in the very low-frequency range. Physiological Reports, 2022. 10: 1-14.
- Kawada T, Li M, Suehara S, Sawada S, Zheng C, Uemura K, Sugimachi M, Saku K. Angiotensin II inhibition increases diuresis during acute sympathetic activation in intact and denervated kidneys in rats with chronic myocardial infarction. Heart and Vessels, 2022. 1636-1646.
- Li M, Zheng C, Kawada T, Uemura K, Inagaki M, Saku K, Sugimachi M. Early donepezil monotherapy or combination with metoprolol significantly prevents subsequent chronic heart failure in rats with reperfused myocardial infarction. The Journal of Physiological Sciences, 2022. 72: 1-14/12.
last updated : 2023/05/08